Job Title: Guest Relations (Museum Guide / Docent)
Location: Gulliver’s Gate : New York, NY
A full city block wide, Gulliver’s Gate is a technologically advanced, interactive and
immersive world of miniatures that will ignite imagination and challenge your perspective.
We’re looking for Guest Relations team members (called “Navigators”) to be the face of Gulliver’s Gate! These Navigators will be experts on all things Gulliver’s Gate, and work as part of the Operations team educating, entertaining and guiding guests safely through their visit. Navigators will rotate throughout the day between a variety of customer service positions throughout the exhibit.
Additionally, Navigators may be cross-trained in specialty skill sets. These include: Box Office, Gift Shop, and 3D Photo. Box Office, Gift Shop and 3D responsibilities include cash handling and processing general sales.
- Serving visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them in a professional and friendly manner
- Educating regular patrons and school group tours about the locations depicted and the model-making process involved.
- Ensuring the safety of guests, being alert and prepared to report and assist in the event of emergencies
- Providing courteous, professional and knowledgeable service.
- Addressing visitor complaints, referring those of a more complex nature to higher-level management.
- As needed, assist with duties at Box Office, Gift Shop, and 3D.
- Ability to create a positive work environment.
- Previous experience in customer service role and/or museum setting
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- Minimum availability requirements: must be regularly available to work at least one weekend shift.
- This position reports directly to and supports the Shift Manager on staff.
- Part Time (up to 30 hours per week). Hourly rate based on experience.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]