Location: New York, NY
A full city block wide, Gulliver’s Miniature World is a technologically advanced, interactive and immersive world of miniatures that will ignite imagination and challenge your perspective.
The Exhibit currently has nine large models representing an Airport, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, Russia, Europe, the UK, New England and Manhattan. Each of these models contains a variety of scenery and animations. Of particular relevance to your position, the models feature moving vehicles such as trains, trucks, boats and/or airplanes. These various vehicles require a lot of attention, care and maintenance. The majority of the Exhibit Technicians’ time will be spent attending to these vehicles. Exhibit Technicians are a crucial part of Gulliver’s Miniature World because they literally keep the exhibit running.
- Start up and shut down the exhibit.
- Conduct vehicle operations and maintain train tracks during operational hours.
- Operate the Airport.
- Work with the Engineering and Model Making teams to communicate issues within the exhibit.
- Be readily available for support in all issues involving the operation of the exhibit.
- Monitor the exhibit regularly and troubleshoot issues.
- Receives instructions and training from the Lead Exhibit Technician and Senior Engineers and Senior Model Makers.
- Communicate with patrons on the operation of the exhibit.
Minimum Qualifications & Competencies:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle delicate models with great care.
- Medium level computer literacy.
- Willing to work and crawl in tight spaces, especially under models, and climb ladders up to 12 feet tall.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and visitor friendly orientation.
- Ability to handle a flexible work schedule, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Knowledge of exhibit for customer questions.
- Gulliver’s Miniature World is open 7 days a week, so some weekends, evenings, and holiday availability will be required.
This position reports to and supports the Director of Exhibits. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Hourly compensation TBD/ Full-time or part-time available.
Immediate start available